Lake Oswego Car Accident Attorney
Helping You Receive the Compensation You Deserve
Have you or someone close to you been injured in a car accident in Oregon? Even minor fender benders can cause injuries that can put you out of work, or even in the hospital. If you were not to blame for your accident you are entitled to compensation that will pay for your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and more. Our Lake Oswego car accident attorney at The Callahan Law Office can help you deal with insurance claims, negotiate a settlement, and even represent you in trial if needed. We will do what it takes to get you the settlement you need to recover to the best of your ability.
Call us now at (503) 966-2803 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can vary from minor fender benders to multi-car pile-ups, so the injuries that can result range dramatically from minor to severe.
Car accident injuries often include the following:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Bruises, cuts, and scrapes
- Internal bleeding
- Knee injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
The experience of getting into an accident can be extremely traumatic and lead to mental anguish as well. The stress of having to repair your car while nursing your injury and fighting off insurance agents can be a lot to bear. At The Callahan Law Firm, we will endeavor to help you recover financial damages that not only cover medical bills and lost wages, but pain and suffering as well.
Things to Do After a Car Accident
As soon as you are involved in a car accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will start building a case against you. Fortunately, as long as you aren’t seriously hurt, there are steps you can take from the get-go to make sure you have a strong personal injury claim.
Immediately following any car accident, you should:
- Contact emergency services: If anyone needs immediate medical attention, call an ambulance right away. Ensuring everyone’s safety is the most important thing you can do after a car wreck.
- Take pictures of the crash scene: Photographic evidence of how the crash occurred can help with your personal injury claim. Take as many pictures as you can, especially of property damage, injuries, tire skid marks, and weather conditions.
- Get the other motorists’ contact information: Before anyone leaves the crash scene, ask the other motorists involved for their contact and insurance information. Write down their full names, contact numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance policy numbers, as well as any other information that might be useful or relevant.
- Talk to witnesses: You should also ask any witnesses for their contact information. If who caused the accident comes into question, witness testimony can help ensure that you don’t get wrongly blamed for an accident you didn’t cause.
- File a claim with your insurance agency: Contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. However, never speak to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They will use anything you say against you to try and prove that you, and not their client, should be held liable.
- Visit a doctor: Even if you feel relatively unhurt, it still pays to go in for a check-up just in case. Your doctor may be able to diagnose a latent injury, such as minor to severe brain trauma, before it gets worse. Going to the doctor also provides documentation that you were treated for accident-related injuries, which can help your personal injury claim.
Ready to get started? Contact The Callahan Law Firm today to speak with our experienced car accident attorney.
If you are too seriously injured to take care of the above, don’t despair. A lawyer can still build you a strong case. If you choose to team up with our Lake Oswego car accident lawyer and the team at The Callahan Law Office, we will work with witnesses and accident reconstructionists to show how exactly your accident occurred and prove you were not at fault. We will also fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Throughout the whole process, I felt informed, supported, listened to, and valued.- Marcia H.
Fantastic lawyer- Jesse
Attorney Joshua V. Callahan founded The Callahan Law Office in his home state of Oregon in 2014. Since then he has helped numerous clients in the Lake Oswego and Portland areas successfully attain the maximum compensation they deserve following motor vehicle, medical malpractice, and other accidents.